Welcome! Great you joined us!
The following lines will give you a short idea of who we are and what we do:
First of all – we do not have a complete, separate page in English as our page is very large.
But we prepared this single-page info for you to give you some iinteresting and useful details about our station.
Now let us introduce ourselves to you:
Radio Regentrude = independent, non-commercial and fully licensed
Radio Regentrude is an independent, non-commercial and fully licensed (= completely legal) internet radio station from Norderstedt, near Hamburg in (Northern) Germany.
Fully licensed means: we pay regular monthly fees to GVL and GEMA ( = Performing Rights & artist rights Associations in Germany). Moreover, we are registered with the so-called “Medienanstalt” Hamburg / Schleswig-Holstein, a supervisory authority ensuring that radio stations comply with legal requirements like youth protection and other important aspects of law.
So we can play both, independent / unsigned artists as well as artists being under a label contract. And we play music from music labels (also independent ones) from all over the world.
Radio Regentrude was founded in 2010.
Non-commercial means: We do not make money with our services and we do not take money for our services. It is all free of charge. Non-commercial also means that all costs arising (licence fees, server costs etc.) are paid by out-of-pocket payment by ourselves.
To have sponsors always means a certain kind of dependance on their money and influence. And this is, what we do not want. Therefore we decided to pay everything out of our own pockets.
Radio Regentrude offers an exceptional ear catching 24 / 7 programme
We are no mainstream station (although we play mainstream tracks sometimes of course – but mainstream is not our main music genre).
We do not want to play that kind of music you have already listened to on thousands of other stations!
We provide very special and exceptional music for our listeners – hand picked tunes, wonderful voices that will capture you at once!
One of our main objects is to be a great place for artists and music labels as well as promotion agencies from around the world where they can spread their tunes and gain new listeners and fans!
Radio Regentrude supports artists and music labels from around the globe for free!
We support independent / unsigned artists as well as artists and bands being under contract with a music label – no matter if new, experienced or developing artist (or label).
Many radio stations have their own criteria for what will be considered for airplay …. and most stations do only accept tunes that are selling well or already have won a lot of prizes. One of the reasons is that many stations are commercial ones and must gain a lot of traffic on their sites to be attractive enough to possible sponsors and customers who buy ads.
For us – as we are non-commercial and independent – it is not at all important how many prizes you have won or how many albums you have already sold! All that matters to us is the music itself, the message inside and the artist behind it!
And this is what we can do for you:
Become one of our featured promo partners now!
For our promo partners, we have several special events – such as our „featured promo partner“ event. This means:
- for all promo partners: playing your tunes in our shows
- featured promo partners: we are picking at least one of our promo partners to be presented with additonal shows in our on-air schedule (marked with for example “label XY selection” or “finest rock by label XY”) each week.
- Moreover, the tracks are playlisted in our „promo mix of the week“ (weekly changing mix of latest promo tunes, aired daily).
- for all promo partners: Selected artists will be presented in our „artists around the world“ and „CD section of our homepage with bio, photo, social links (for artists) resp. Cover / tracklist and description (for albums).
- for all promo partners: Moreover, we do album / CD reviews and special webcasts.
- Our promo partners will be added to our promo partner section with logo, short desription and social media links
- playing your tunes in our shows (replays of our shows are available several times a week at different times)
Please put us on your mailing list! Alternatively, you can send us your releases at regular intervals per email or using systems like MPN, Haulix, wetransfer, dropbox, or similar.
You may wonder what “Regentrude” means
“Regentrude” is the name of a character, a friendly fairy, in a fairytale written by the famous poet Theodor Storm. There is a stone well showing this character in front of the town hall of Norderstedt. And as we are from Norderstedt, we decided to call our station “Radio Regentrude”. Another reason is, that we bring fresh and new tunes to the music landscape … like the “Regentrude” brings the rain again after a long period of drought.
Our daily webcasts can easily be received worldwide (no registration or log in necessary) from on almost every device – no matter if you use a computer, tablet or prefer listening on your smart TV set, car audio or mobile phone!
Radio Regentrude = partner of hospital radio stations
We have a co-operation with “Klinikfunk Karlsruhe”, another well-known hospital radio founded in 1973. The hospital in Karlsruhe has 1.538 patients’ rooms.
So our daily radio live shows can not only be tuned in world-wide via internet live stream but also in the hospital radio station
We offer a 24 /7 programme full of ear candy.
TUNE IN please:
Load readio.net App
WinAmp / VLC / iTunes (.pls)
Alternative players (m3u):
Or go to our start page to select your favourite player!
Enjoy our huge variety of different music styles such as Alternative, Bigband sounds / Swing & (Smooth) Jazz, Bluegrass / Country & Americana, Blues, Boogie & Blues Rock, Celtic (including Irish Folk and Scottish Folk as well), Charts / Clubsounds / Dance & Electronica, House, Chillout / Chillwave / Ambient / Lounge / New Age, Choir music , Rock spanning from Classic Rock and Melodic Rock to Indie, Alternative, Progrock and Metal, Instrumental / Landscape, Oldies, Funk, Soul, R&B, Reggae, Pop, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s … and many more.
For many of them we have special radio shows. for example
- “Blue(s) Notes”for Blues & Blues Rock / Boogie and other blues related styles
- “Café électronqie” is for dance, clubmixes, house and pop of the 80s / 90s etc.
- “Chiller’s Beauty” is for pop, dance-pop, singer / songwriter, dream-dance, instrumental and chillout
- “Cosmic Chill Lounge” is for chillout, lounge, newage and ambient tunes
- “Country Pearls” is for country, bluegrass, americana and related styles
- “Dunkel ist die Nacht” (= dark is the night) is for darkwave, gothicrock and metal
- “Global Reggae Charts” is for reggae, dub…
- “Jazzy Mood Café” is for Jazz, Bigband, Swing, etc.
- “Metal Roses” is for metal (symphonic / speed / power)
- “Moon Light” is for electro pop, synthiepop and darkwave
- “Rock-O-Phon” and “Rock op platt” are for all kinds of rock styles
- “Im Takt” is for choir music, gospels, spirituals
- “The Rhythm Train” is for soul, funk, jazz, bigband, swing etc.
- “The Whisper of Age”s is for Celtic music / Irish & Scottish Folk and Medieval tunes. … and so on.
- “WoW- World of World Music” is for world music styles
But we also have shows with a mixture of music styles – for example “Saturday Dream Night”; “Finest Selection” or “Sahnestücke (Cream Cake pieces)” and many more..
So just taste it – and enjoy!
If you like to submit some of your songs or albums as radio promo – which always is higly appreciated – please contact us via email info at radio-regentrude dot de
Looking forward to hear from you soon!